The Sport Strength Coach (SSC™) certification course focuses on strength training for sports. Whether you are a personal trainer who wants to be involved in the physical training of athletes or a strength & conditioning coach of one or more sports, this course will provide the necessary knowledge to effectively coach all kind of athletes. You will learn the science behind loading variables and exercise selection, how to choose the best periodization plan according to the level of your athletes and your sport, how to plan and program strength training to reach peak athletic shape when it counts, and how to porpusely integrate strength training, with speed training, endurance training, as well as the specific technical and tactical aspects. During the course, science and coaching practice will be continously linked, so that a deep understanding of the matter, as well as the development of a practical application, can be reached. No other certification on the market focuses on planning, biomotor abilities integration and actual coaching like this one!
The Sport Strength Coach (SSC™) certification course will develop your ability to apply scientific principles to the practice of strength training for sports. You will be able to manipulate the loading variables depending on the phases of the annual plan to achieve the sought after structural and functional adaptations and ultimately improve athletic performance. Methodological concepts such as “performance model” analysis, annual plan design, manipulation of the loading variables in the medium and long term, the characteristics of training in the preparation, competition and transition phases, programming the microcycle and the macrocycle, and the strategies for reaching peak shape when it counts, are all concepts exposed during the course that allow an informed and sensible choice on how to integrate, manipulate and progress the training variables for your sport. The knowledge you will acquire, will definitely change your perspective on coaching, planning and programming of strength training for your sport.
- Analysis of the Training Planning and Programming Theories
- Planning of Training
- Periodization of the Annual Plan
- Programming of Training
- Macrocycle Structure
- Microcycle Structure
- Progression and Alternation of Training Loads
- Neuromuscular Adaptations to Strength Training
- Periodization of Strength
- Performance Model Analysis
- Training Methods and Means according to the Phase of the Annual Plan
- Theory and Methodology of Tapering for Peak Performance
- Video Analysis
- Technical Assessment
- Bar Velocity and the Phases of the Annual Plan
- Video Analysis of some World and Olympic level Athetes during Strength Training
- Practical Session for the Technique of the Squat, Bench, Deadlift and Kettlebell Swing
- Practical Session for the Designing of the Annual Plan for various Sports
As a Sport Strength Coach (SSC™) you will learn:
- The theory of periodization and how to design and analyse annual plans.
- What are the physiological adaptations to be pursued in strength training for a sport and how to plan and program the training process to achieve them.
- How to effectively plan each phase according to the competitive calendar.
- How periodize strength training for various sports.
- What training methods to use in the different phases of the annual plan.
- How to analyze the performance model of a sport and how train its specific strength.
- How to manipulate the loading variables to reach peak performance in every sport.