The Speed & Conditioning Specialist (SCS™) certification course is the course that helps “strength coaches” become actual strength & conditioning coaches. In fact, the periodization of strength is only one of the elements constituting the periodization of sport training. The strength training methods utilized in sport training have a sense not so much in and of themselves, but in the sequence that allows an increase in athletic performance in concert with the improvement of other biomotor abilities (speed, endurance), while training the specific technical and tactical aspects of the sport. The educational program of the Speed & Conditioning Specialist (SCS™) is intended to improve the knowledge of coaches, personal trainers, and athletes about the development and integration of all the biomotor abilities within a complete sport training program. Particular emphasis is placed on how to apply scientific principles to practical, day-by-day coaching.
The Speed & Conditioning Specialist (SCS™) certification course’s ultimate objective is to provide coaches with the adequate knowledge regarding the integration of all the biomotor abilities (strength, speed, and endurance) within a periodized annual plan, according to the scientific principles of the theory and methodology of training, to meet the needs of physical training for any sport. Through this course you will learn fundamental and practical concepts of exercise physiology, planning and programming of energy systems training, the sprinting technique in different sports and how this affects the methods and means of training, the progression within the annual plan of speed and endurance training depending on the sport, and the interrelationship of the technical, tactical and psychological aspects with physical training .
- Exercise Physiology and Energy Systems Training
- Performance Model Analysis
- Periodization of Speed
- Periodization of Endurance
- Designing a Complete Annual Plan
- Practical Session: Warming up for Sprints, Acceleration Technique, Testing Aerobic Power
As a Speed & Conditioning Specialist (SCS™) you will learn:
- How to analyze complete annual plans.
- How to design an annual pan, taking into consideration the time available for preparation, the characteristics of the sport and the athlete, and the duration of the competitive season.
- How to program the microcycle, alternating energy systems and workloads for the needs of your clients, athletes or teams .
- How to periodize, develop and integrate biomotor abilities training with the sport-specific technical and tactical training.
- How to analyse the physiological profile of a sport or activity and create an adequate training program in relation to the individual characteristics of an athlete.